17 December 2020
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Location: Rijsenhout (near Schiphol) or Amersfoort, Netherlands
Have you successfully helped launch B2B products that make users smile every day? Our Engineering team has created a QA product line that is sold to multiple customers around the world. But we need your help to create a customer journey that takes our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product suite to the next level.
As a product designer, you will oversee our product suite‘s full lifespan and the user experience (UX) of our product line. You will be responsible for helping reach business objectives and usability, incorporating behavioural design, making our product suite an essential toolkit in the workday of every Mendix Developer around the world.
Context and team:
The Smart Digital Factory team is a start-up within a mature organization (FlowFabric/Mansystems) with lots of knowledge of SaaS products and a clear growth strategy. We are highly-motivated team operating internationally, comprising five developers, a product manager, a dedicated sales team, a support team and a manager, all with just one goal in mind: letting our SaaS solutions break through internationally in the field of QA software! We achieve this through entrepreneurship, responsibility, expertise, and creativity.
What you would do day-to-day:
- You tell us! Let’s find out together.
- You immerse yourself in our products, profile the target group, and lay down a strategy to create an awesome user experience in our product suite that aligns with our business goals.
- You are responsible for user research, data analysis, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, user journey mapping and interaction design, user empathizing, persona’s and the look and feel (UI) including color, font, copy and animation (this last bit could be outsourced if not in your skillset).
- You will also support our developers through the launch process, as well as work alongside marketing and product management to ensure synergy between the brand and the product. You are the guardian of our product suite: ensuring it’s the most relevant, cost-effective and functional product it can be and that all our stakeholders (end-users, decision–makers, as well as our team and C-level) are happy.
In all this, you will work closely with the Engineering team and Product Manager, who are fully prepared to share all the knowledge they have. In terms of work, among the things we think you might tackle first are: mapping the current customer journey and identify pain points through the product portfolio, creating a customer–driven design and user flow, improve ways to gain insight into our users and incorporate design in Product Discovery. But you’re the expert and so you set up the basics, capitalizing on your knowledge and experience to make this a success!
Our products enhance software quality, specifically for customers who use or develop software based on the Mendix Platform. Mendix is a software platform used worldwide (it’s part of Siemens), and it’s expanding rapidly with 100% growth annually. Right now we have three excellent products and already a great set of customers in NL, UK, USA, DE and Asia who now use these products. We will also launch our fourth product this year.
For more information about our products have a look at: https://www.mansystems.com/smart-digital-factory/tooling (and in particular the Application Test Suite, Application Performance Diagnostics and Application Code Review)
What you have
- At least 3 years’ experience in B2B SaaS product design (not just UX experience but actual Product Design experience).
- A higher vocational way of working and thinking (master’s degree preferred) and a specialization in, for example: Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design
- A love of IT products for developers and an understanding of application development
- A proven track record in in translating complex functionality to simple user interactions (hands-on)
- Experience conducting research
- Experience partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services
- A strong user empathy and growth mindset
- Fluency in English
- A sense of humor!
- And you are enterprising, analytical and you’re orderly and a collaborator
- You’ll be part of an organization of 200 highly-motivated and professional colleagues, and you’ll be part of the fastest growing SaaS start-up in NL or Europe 😊?
- We have the best-in-class team with huge diversity:
o In technology: from Mendix to Java;
o In levels: junior, mid-level and senior;
o In culture: Dutch, Macedonian, Iranian;
o In gender: female leadership and female Java development
o In education: mostly Masters degrees but also Bachelors with various studies
- Training and personal development:
o External training opportunities;
o 8 study days annually;
o Access to Udemy training courses;
o But most important of all: lots of skilled and enthusiastic colleagues who enjoy sharing their knowledge.
- A leased car, a phone and a laptop;
- 25 vacation days + free between Christmas and New Year
- And last but not least: fantastic drinks, game nights, awesome parties, LAN parties and more!
Our first acquaintance
We look forward to meeting you! We’d like to receive your application as a CV and a motivating explanation via the form below. We’d also like you to explain in writing the extent to which you meet the stated requirements. For any questions, please contact one of our recruiters, Elise Wesseling (06-12462304) or Annemieke de Hoop (06-83286275).