17 November 2020
IT Traineeship @ MS Amlin
Do you want to be an app developer? Even when you have no experience in building apps? Learn how to build applications in an international setting within a thriving business. Be part of a brand new and ambitious low-code Mendix team enabling Digital Trading at a leading insurance company. Find your next career opportunity here!
Goal and purpose
As a trainee you’ll begin your career with a rich training program that starts with a five-week bootcamp (in the FlowFabric/Mansystems Academy) that will enable you to discover everything there is to know about become an application developer. The applications that you will help build using agile development methodologies and a modern low-code development platform from Mendix will help one of the largest insurance companies in Europe digitize a broad range of processes.
As part of team working for MS Amlin in Amstelveen, the Netherlands, successful job candidates will also be afforded the opportunity to advance their careers by working closely with technology partners such as AWS, Microsoft as well as a range of leading-edge Fintech and Insurtech companies.
Successful job candidates with strong entrepreneurial and commercial mindset will become part of a Digital Trading team that is transforming MS Amlin into a digital business with a strong consumer
What will you do?
- Be an integrated part of the Digital Development Team
- Design functionality with various product owners and relevant business stakeholders
- Model, digitize and improve core business processes
- Coordinate with various vendors and suppliers
- Gather requirements for enhancements for additional value add services
- Support digital product and solution managers as they negotiate with local IT departments,
- brokers, software vendors and distribution partners
- Contribute to building in-house low code Mendix expertise
Frequent travel to MS Amlin’s offices (mainly in Europe) is required. Flexibility is a must.
Who are you?
- Bachelor degree (preferably in Business and IT Management, Informatica, Computer Science /
- HBO-ICT/ or the like)
- Analytical ability / conceptually strong and good communicator
- Good English language skills required, and French is a big plus
- Have a driver’s license
You will be working closely with international colleagues in a relatively small team. We will be looking for someone with an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ mind-set that can easily blend with a passion for innovation and the latest developments in low-code platforms, agile thinking, DevOps, and more.
Who are we?
MS Amlin is a leading commercial insurance company that is a subsidiary of the Japanese insurance group MS&AD, the sixth largest insurance conglomerate in the world. We specialize in business to business insurances such as insuring cargo, boats and buildings. We do this in a large part of the world and have a turnover of more than 3 billion. As a global company generating turnover in excess of 3 billion, we have more than 2,400 employees in more than 26 countries worldwide. Digital Trading is one of the strategic growth areas for MS Amlin as we look to enhance client intimacy, improve efficiency and building out our presence in the European SME markets.
Ready to join the Mendix team at MS Amlin?
The Mendix world is at your feet. Are you prepared to conquer it with MS Amlin? Send your resume and motivation quickly or when questions you can contact one of our recruiters, Elise Wesseling (06-12462304) or Annemieke de Hoop (06-83286275)